This fall, I’m noticing a trend. Leaders are suddenly getting motivated! (If you’re one of them, you may want to join my Free Teleseminar called Getting an Edge: The 10 Practices of Personal Leadership next Wednesday at 12 PT!)
Maybe it’s that time of year – something about the feeling of a “new school year” seems to stay with us our whole lives. Or maybe it’s because the economy has been sluggish for so long that leaders are finally getting up off the couch and saying, “Enough! I’m going to do something!” In any case, the trend is for new initiatives to be launched, new ideas to be proposed, and new partnerships to be formed. This is the kind of energy and enthusiasm that will get these leaders ahead – ahead in their careers, and making a bigger impact.
How are you getting an edge at this time?
Let’s keep it simple. If you, too, are feeling the buzz of excitement that seems to be in the air, take these steps:
- See the vision. If you know your vision, connect to it now. See it anew! If you don’t know your vision, start dreaming! What do you want?
- Get focused. Where specifically are putting your attention right now? If you were going to “make something happen” related to your vision, what would it be?
- Take action! Identify one key step you can take right away. Put it on your task list, and go do it. Watch for results!
After that, as my friend David Bailin, an executive at Citibank, likes to say, “Rinse and repeat.” And repeat, and repeat. Next thing you know your vision will be a reality.
Readers of The Inner Edge will recognize these three steps as the first three Practices of Personal Leadership. If you’re feeling ready to swing into action and make some exciting things happen, come join us in The Inner Edge Community! You’ll find an energized group of high-achievers talking, working, and thinking together to learn the steps they need to take to achieve their visions.
The best place to start is by joining the Free Teleseminar I mentioned at the beginning of this blog. Here are the details!
Getting an Edge: 10 Practices for High Performing Leadership
Date: Wednesday, October 5, 2011,
Time: 12:00–1:00 PST
You will discover:
- 10 leadership strategies every leader needs to excel
- An executive coach’s top recommendations for being your best
- Reflective questions designed to achieve your best performance and results
Join the thousands of high-achieving business leaders, corporate executives, and entrepreneurs around the world who are learning how to be a better leader…and lead a better life.
See you on the call!